This website and its content is protected under the Copyright Act 1968. All contents Copyright © Karen Shine 2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Karen Shine received the Tefal i-Companion XL, Tefal Companion Accessories (Steamer and Shredder), Optigrill+ and Cook4me+ courtesy of Tefal. However, all opinions and comments are 100% my own and based on my own use of the products.
Data collection and privacy
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data Karen Shine may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you, which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Partnership to law enforcement
When do we collect your personal data?
· When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data). This includes when $0 products are dispatched.
· When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
· When you ask us to email you information about a product or service.
· When you enter prize draws or competitions.
· When you choose to complete any surveys, we send you.
· When you comment on or review our products and services.
· When you fill in any forms on the site.
· When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
· Your comments and product reviews.
· Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
· Note, payment card information is not collected or stored by us, the data is provided direct to a third-party payment management company.
When someone visits this website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
As part of the sales process, we collect personal information. We will only send you e-newsletters if you have explicitly agreed to be added to our mailing list. We use that information for a few reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied; to let you know about any new recipes, videos, products and offers; to assist with your checkout process, especially if your shopping cart has been abandoned. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
· To process any orders that you make by using our websites. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
· To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information, you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
· To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
· With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
· IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
· Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
· Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
· Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
· For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
· We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
· For further information please contact us.
We currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
· WordPress and associated providers of plugins
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Changes to this Privacy Notice